Ignite and Alexander Hotels have been awarded the prestigious award ‘Best Hotel Group Website UK’ and ‘Best International Hotel Group Website’ from the International Hotel Awards sponsored by EY and Virgin Atlantic. Needless to say, we’re thrilled 🙂
Peter Hinchcliffe, Owner and Director for Alexander Hotels said:
“Many companies claim they are experts in internet marketing for hospitality, Ignite actually are.”
Sam Trainor, Head of Marketing at Ignite Hospitality Marketing said…
“A mix of disciplines is needed to achieve this type of success, buy-in and drive from the client; creativity, analytical analysis and experience from the agency. But most of all, it’s to keep the customer at the heart of the project. It’s this human side – what actually excites and engages people – that leads to a great site and importantly, a significant uplift in revenue.”
So what makes an award winning website?
1. Responsive website: Perfectly usable and optimised for every device
2. Design influenced conversions: Everything on the website serves to convince a customer – it must be beautiful, easy to use and engaging
3. Multiple revenue opportunities: From bespoke gift shops to spa bookers and online reservations – easy for the guests and great for the hotel
4. Best friends with Google: The site is optimised throughout, allowing Google to find, read and rank it number 1
5. Built with the customer in mind: Driven by usability studies throughout the project
6. Oh, and we did it, obviously 😉
What other websites do you like or do you think compete? Let us know in the comments below.
And here’s us winning our other awards on the night…
• Best International Hotel Website Design
• Best Hotel Website Design UK
• Best Regional Hotel Website Design
• Highly Commended Hotel Marketing
Here’s a little more about the International Hotel Awards
Sponsored by Virgin Atlantic and with a rigerous judging panel including Google and Sir David Michels, the Retired CEO of Hilton Hotels, The International Hotel Awards determines the best hotels and hospitality companies in the world.
Split into regions covering Asia Pacific, Arabia, Africa, the Americas, Europe and the UK – the regional winners were placed under further examination and just one from each category received the ultimate accolade of being named ‘World’s Best.”
Stuart Shield, President of the International Hotel Awards said, the “International Hotel Awards have provided a global standard to even the mark from country to country. We welcome the UK winners in joining this prestigious international club of exceptional hotels and resorts.”