Lunch With Ignite - Steak Thyme!
Here's a novel idea... for those who love eating, are tired of boring food at lunch and want to learn more recipes - start a lunch club at work, we have and it's brilliant. I joined relatively recently and I like to think I've cooked up a storm - we'll be blogging our recipes and giving some insights to what people thought. Check back regularly, because if all goes to plan there should be a new recipe every day... we'll try and keep it interesting!
"There's Always Thyme For Steak"
40 minutes preparation and cook time - okay so it takes some time, but you've only got to do it once a week!
- Steak for frying
- 1 clove garlic crushed
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- A good scrape & squeeze of Lemon zest and juice
- A handful of chopped thyme
- Salt & pepper for seasoning
- Side salad
- Half an avocado per person
- A tablespoon of ricotta per person
- Two handfuls of lettuce per person
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- Whole Grain Crusty Bread - one slice per person (purely for mopping up the left over marinade!)
- Combine side salad ingredients
- Mix well all salad dressing ingredients and lightly dress the salad
- Fry the steaks on both sides
- Whilst the steaks are frying, prepare the marinade in a large bowl (the steaks will be mixed in with the marinade so make sure it's a big enough bowl)
- Once the steak is medium rare slice into bite size pieces on a chopping board. Make sure you keep the steak juices and add it to the marinade
- Add the steak to the marinade and leave to rest covered for about 4 minutes.
- Place the marinated steak next to the side salad.
- Pour the remaining marinade over the steak and salad
- Serve up
How it went down
Thyme and garlic are strong flavours so the honey in the salad dressing gives a sweet touch that balances the dish.
I am happy to say that it was appreciated and enjoyed by both Adam and Nina. Sam on the other hand is annoyed he missed this dish as he was resting at home 'feeling sorry for himself' with a fractured shoulder! Next time Sam, avoid the wall while cycling!
- Restaurants (59)
- Restaurant Marketing (54)
- Hotels (41)
- Hotel Marketing (39)
- Internet Marketing (35)
- Strategy (24)
- Marketing Ideas (20)
- Operational Consultancy (15)
- Conversion Optimisation (15)
- Design (13)
- Restaurant Social Media Marketing (11)
- Restaurant Website Design (9)
- Interiors (9)
- Email Marketing (9)
- Hotel Social Media Marketing (8)
- Analytics & Analysis (8)
- Hotel Website Design (7)
- Restaurant SEO (7)
- Sustainability (6)
- Hotel SEO (6)
- Pay Per Click (PPC) (5)
- Mobile Marketing (4)
- Recipes (4)
- Branding (4)
Ignite Hospitality Brightbox Daily is out! http://t.co/lhvIzF8FoP ▸ Top stories today via @KiwiCollection @TheZetter
18 hours, 7 min ago
We're looking for a new Front-end Web Developer! If you fancy a new challenge get in touch or check out the JD: http://t.co/ZQOqEUhvxf
20 hours, 23 min ago