Pinterest is a visual bookmarking tool that helps you to discover and save creative ideas. It is an ideal social platform for the hospitality industry as it lends itself perfectly to the rich visual content hospitality can produce.
The number 1 category for content on Pinterest is food closely followed by travel, design and fashion which is unsurprising given that over 80% of its 72 million plus users are female. 50 billion pins have been uploaded by over 72 million followers since its launch 5 years ago (with a 66% increase in pins in the last year alone) so the important question is; how can Pinterest help you to excite and delight your customers?
– Once you’ve set up your business page, you need to think about what your followers are going to want to see? This will help you to structure the content you publish.
– Create a few boards and build your profile before you start trying to engage other people. Users are interested not just in what content you have to offer, they also want to know what inspires you and your creativity. This isn’t a just a platform to sell yourself, it allows your followers to gain a deeper understanding of your creative journey.
– When you start publishing your content it is imperative that you only use high quality, original and captivating images to gain the most engagement. Be authentic and true to your brand.
– Link your images back to your website. Pinterest is a fantastic tool to drive web traffic – it’s been found that on average each pin generates 6 website visits.
– Equally add a ‘Pin It’ button to your website – allow visitors to your website to pin images back on to their boards.
Pinterest has recently introduced a number of new features such as Promoted Pins and Buyable Pins, however these features are only currently available in the United States. There is a lot of excitement over these new features and the impact they will have on sales, but we’ll just have to wait and see how it works out in the U.S. first!
If you want to find out how Ignite can enhance your hospitality business’ social media presence please get in touch.